Friday, August 13, 2010

Chapter 9


Michael and Brett ask Jake if they can go fishing with him in Spain. Jake tells Brett that she needs to tell Cohn that she is coming. I think that Jake is secretly wishing that Cohn will find it awkward and not come. Either way, Cohn says he is looking forward to seeing Brett there. Its IRONIC how all of Brett's "lovers" will all be there at the same time. Her fiance doesn't know about Cohn. And I'm starting to think that even if he did know, he wouldn't care.

Jake and Bill get on the train and head to Spain. They meet a family there and have a funny conversation about alcohol. They arrive in Spain and meet up with Cohn. Cohn knows who Bill is because he has read all his books. "I've heard so much about you from Jake and I've read your books." I swear everyone writes books. I wonder if Jake is secretly upset with Cohn about his relations with Brett. Cohn doesn't know that Jake knows. I can't help but wonder how long Cohn has been having relations with her and how long Jake hasn't said anything.

STATIC CHARACTER- Bill. He does not change much throughout the course of the story.

1 comment:

  1. what doesn't change about Bill? How is that connected to the rest of this blog post?

    ReplyDelete