Friday, August 13, 2010

Chapter 17


A huge fight breaks out when Cohn learns where Brett is. You would think that Mike would be the one to get mad but Mike was the one to tell Cohn where she was. It is confusing to me how Mike knows about Brett's affairs but doesn't make any effort to stop them. I think he knows that Brett can have any man she wants so it is best not to drive her away.
Jake hits Cohn after he called him a pimp. That really made Jake mad because he wanted anything but Brett to go away with Romero. He only introduced them because he knew how badly Brett wanted to meet them. He knows it is his own fault that they had relations but he only did it to make her happy.
Cohn later gets his. He walks in on Brett and Romero. Romero proceeds to kick the living crap out of him. I can't decide if I feel bad for Cohn. Part of me doesn't because he deserves it but part of me does because his crime is just the same as Romero's.

CONFLICT- Huge fight between Mike and Cohn... and Jake and Cohn...and Romero and Cohn. Pattern? check.
MOOD- fighting is constantly happening in this chapter. The author does a good job of setting the tense mood.

1 comment:

  1. Those kittens are not quite what I pictured during the fight!

    ReplyDelete