Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Surprise Endings

Usually I love books with surprise endings because I am blown away by the ending that I couldn't guess. In this story, I thought the surprise ending was ridiculously obvious. The book was called "How I Met My Husband" and there were only two men in the whole story. One of them was a sleeze bag with a fiancée. My guess was that it was the mailman as soon as he came into the story. In my opinion, the ending of the story could have been taken out completely and they story would have lost no meaning at all. I know that they would have probably had to change the title but to me, the surprise ending seemed to summed up so it was less believable. If they would have dragged it out and gave more detail it would have made the story more romantic and more enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment