Wednesday, November 3, 2010

How I Met My Husband

The whole book I knew that Chris was sleeze. He creeped me out when he watched her through the window and then told her she was beautiful. He had already been in the army and she was only 15. He must have been signifigantly older than her. Also, he had a fiance. There was a lot of dramatic irony in this story. One example is when she admits to being intimate with Chris and is bawling to all the ladies. She has no idea what it means to be intimate. After Chris and Edie are done being "intimate", he jumps off the cot and splashes water on both him and her. I think this is symbolism for him cleansing off the wrong doing that he had just done. The top of page 145 was confusing to me because Chris' fiance says that in order to prove that Edie had or had not been intimate with Chris, she was going to "examine" her. She says later that she had no idea at the time of what she had been saved from doing. Was she really going to check? That is very strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment