Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Resolution

"I don't want to go to another orphanage," he said. "I won't ever let that happen. I promise you that. " I cupped his hand in both of mine. "Come home with me." His tears were soaking the pillow He didn't say anything for a long time. Then his hand squeezed mine. And he nodded. He nodded. To me, the story ended right at this point. This is the time when Amir is preparing to start anew with Sohrab. He has moved on from his past and has finally decided to do something about it. Sohrab has had a rough life and it is up to Amir to do whatever he can to make things easier for him. He promises he will never let him go back into an orphanage. This promise is telling him that he will always make sure he has a roof over his head and food to eat. He is promising him that he will always take care of him. Amir is finallly making ammends with Hassan by taking in his son.

No comments:

Post a Comment