Thursday, April 21, 2011

Foreshadowing

"Pardon this gush of sorrow' these ineffectual words are but a slight tribute to the unexampled worth of Henry, but they soothe my heart, overflowing with the anguish which his remembrance creates." pg.114

Many times throughout this story I forget that Frankenstein is telling it. When I was reading this part i was really confused at what was going on. I thought i missed something that happened to Henry and I kept rereading. The frame story goes so deep that the reader forgets that it is a recall of the past and not the present. I knew that something bad was going to happen to Henry because of this foreshadowing sentence. This built up the suspense for the next chapter. I was holding on and couldn't put the book down until I found out was going to happen. Unfortunately, the monster kills Henry in revenge. This is predictable but what happens to Victor in return is not. I never expected him to be blamed for his best friends death.

No comments:

Post a Comment