Thursday, January 27, 2011

FIGHTING SCENES/ EMILIA

yesss. stab. stab. stab. I cannot help but laugh when I read these fight scenes. It's sad because people are dying but it's funny because they say things like Roderigo, "Oh, I am slain!" (V.i.28.) It's funny because he's yelling oh no im dead! Not very realistic. I am really interested to find out how the Othello movie portrays this fighting scene. It was pretty hard to follow because so many people were stabbing each other. The triangle of Iago, Roderigo, and Cassio was severely confusing.

I am really proud of Emilia. She stood up against Iago. FINALLY. After him telling her to shut up and go home every time she talked was getting really old. He was a jerk to literally everyone in this story. At the end, she dies a hero. Emilia reveals the truth to Othello to let him know how innocent his wife really was. Because of this, her husband stabs her. His rage causes such a mess at the end of this play.

1 comment: