Thursday, December 2, 2010

You're Ugly, Too

I really liked this story because I thought Zoe was hilarious. I liked how she didn't care what other people thought about her. Sometimes, I thought she blew things out of proportion. Like the growth in stomach and how she thought she was dying. I could see how some people wouldn't like her dry sense of humor but that's my kind of humor. Also, I enjoyed the point of view in this story. The third person, omniscient view of Zoe was easy to read because it gave the reader an understanding of how the other characters feel and act, along with Zoe's emotions. Zoe and her sister are foils to each other. They were similar in that they both went to college. Evan seems more normal because she got a job after school and is about to get married. And Zoe is just, well, weird.

1 comment:

  1. wasn't the point of view limited to Zoe? Wasn't it third person limited?

    ReplyDelete