Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Drunkard

I thought the title was humorous. I was expecting a sad story about an alcoholic father and how the family overcomes the burden and blah blah blah. Instead, I got a story about a son who is drunk out of his mind. I thought this story was genuinely hilarious. My favorite part was when the father is trying to rush his son home and all the wives that are watching from their homes automatically assume that the child is drunk. That would not be my first assumption. I find it ironic how the son is sent with his dad to be a "brake" of his drinking. Instead, the son gets drunk and the dad has to take care of him. The father's perception of the funeral is also ironic. He looks at it like it's a party. He thinks it is extravagant and interesting, which is not usually the reaction of most people at funerals.

No comments:

Post a Comment