Friday, July 9, 2010

Chapter 21- The Lives of the Dead


First of all, this chapter is a paradox! Lit term cha ching. When O'Brien says this, he is talking about the memmories and stories that people have left behind. When they are being revisited, the people in a sense come back to life. I had not read this chapter when I blogged about the chapter Ambush. It talked about how O'Brien killed the man but he wasn't really dead. I was extremely confused. I now know what he means. He's alive because his story is alive. O'Brien does the same thing with Norman Bowker, Curt Lemon, Kiowa, Lavender, and even Linda. He brings these people back to life through his writing. This whole book was his own story. Through this story, he can never die. His story will live on and so will he. "I realize it is as Tim trying to save Timmy's life with a story."

1 comment: